I suggest you ...

provide an option to auto-reject participants who either take too long, or not long enough

8 votes
Vote
Sign in
Check!
(thinking…)
Reset
or sign in with
  • facebook
  • google
    Password icon
    I agree to the terms of service
    Signed in as (Sign out)
    You have left! (?) (thinking…)
    Billy Runs shared this idea  ·   ·  Admin →

4 comments

Sign in
    Check!
    (thinking…)
    Reset
    or sign in with
    • facebook
    • google
      Password icon
      I agree to the terms of service
      Signed in as (Sign out)
      Submitting...
      • RMD1 commented  · 

Wow if you do this and you reject me for a min/max time without good reason, I will bring it up to your superiors/college/professors/others to see that there are consequences for gathering free data and throwing our precise honest data.

Set a max time on the MTurk, and if you want a min time, space each page out with a timer in the survey.

• Double D commented  · 

This is stupid. I read as much as 4 times faster than most of my peers. Throughout High School and College I would finish tests routinely 30 minutes before the next person to finish. Always either the highest grade in the class or close to it. I generally take surveys that say 10 minutes in less than 4 and the information is solid. I never miss an attention check, I read every set of instructions, and I answer everything honestly and accurately.

• Me commented  · 

This is the worst idea EVER! People take surveys at different speeds. If this starts to happen, I would NEVER take another Turkprime survey again.

• Anonymous commented  · 

For taking too long, you can set the maximum time allowed for each assignment. ANy worker who does not complete before the time is up will be unable to submit

Feedback and Knowledge Base